A lot of great things have been said about #Meateasy and I don’t know how much more I can add, except:
- Really do go, its not hype, the burgers really are excellent, as are all the sides, in a gloopy cheese-and-meat-laden slightly down and dirty Americano style
- Really delicious actually, when I think back to our meal last night I salivate a little bit
- As well as the burger, try the Mac n Cheese which is delicious, the chilli cheese fries, the chilli cheese dog and the onion rings
- No-one in our party touched the slaw really but it was good too
- LOVE that thick gloopy yellow mustard stuff, and cheese, on EVERYTHING
- You have to wait a bit for food (for us – about 1.5 hours) but this is fine – the atmosphere is really good and LOUD, great music, a cool bar, drinks served in jam jars
- It’s great value – £15 each for a ton of food
- New Cross is a really cool area – with Goldsmith college near, its arty and quirky and cool. Lots of pork pie and bowler hats last night
- The staff at #Meateasy are very cool and nice and professional – they got it spot on, you feel well looked after
- I’m 3 pounds heavier this morning. Sadly not an exaggeration
So there you have it. #Meateasy is actually brilliant and it definitely wins the award for the best burger I’ve ever had in London. I have to say I don’t feel especially great this morning, the day after the night before, but I think it’s because the food is a little sloppy (as its supposed to be) and I’ve got that post-fast food type dirty feeling. Oh and also we drank a lot of “corpse revivers” at the bar.
Its open until mid-April (after which I’d be AMAZED if they don’t open up a permanent place ) so you should go along when you can. If you don’t know, New Cross is sort of between Brixton and Peckham but you can easily get there from London Bridge too. Enjoy the photos below. This was my second burger this week – the diet begins again tomorrow.