Some days, you just need to wallow and have a good old cry (in which case, you may need Witchita Lineman by Glen Campbell, or Ne Me Quitte Pas by Jacqes Brel, or Ain’t No Sunshine by Bill Withers). But today The Happiness Project London needs cheering up, and even though its a nice sunny day, its still a Sunday in January, so I thought you might too.
Anyway, here’s my top 13 songs to make you happy (yes, top 10 would of course sound better but I couldn’t choose which 3 to drop) . Of course ,there’s tons more uplifting songs out there, but these all have at theme of happiness/life is good/don’t worry. All the links are to You Tube, but you can also listen free on Spotify.
1. Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien – Edith Piaf
2. O-o-h Child – The Five Stairsteps
3. Bottom of the Barrel – Amos Lee
4. Oh Happy Day – The Soweto Gospel Choir
5. I Feel Pretty – from West Side Story
6. Dry Your Eyes - Neil Diamond and The Band (from The Last Waltz)
7. Lovely Day – Bill Withers
8. Summertime - Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong
9. Mellow Mood - Bob Marley
10. You’ve Got A Friend – Carole King
11. One Day Like This – Elbow
12. Don’t Worry Be Happy – Bobby McFerrin
13. Don’t You Worry ‘Bout A Thing - Stevie Wonder